Last modified: July 31, 2020
LiteracyTech, Inc. (“LiteracyTech, Inc.” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our websites, literacytechinc.com, remo.app, and get.remo.app, (the “websites”), and/or use our application, ReMo.app (“ReMo.app” or our “Application“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our websites.
- On our Application.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Application.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our websites, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Application.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website or application operated by LiteracyTech, Inc. or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the websites or Application.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA”) require us to inform parents and legal guardians (as used in this section, “parents“) about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13 (“children“). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child’s personal information.
This section notifies parents of:
- The types of information we may collect from children and/or childrens’ teachers.
- How we use the information we collect.
- Our practices for disclosing that information.
- Our practices for notifying and obtaining parents’ consent when we collect personal information from children and/or teachers, including how a parent may revoke consent.
- All operators that collect or maintain information from children and/or teachers through this Application.
Information We Collect from Children
Children can access many parts of the Application and its content and use many of its features without providing us with personal information. However, some content and features are available only to registered users or require us to collect certain information, including personal information, from them and/or their teachers. In addition, we use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from our users (including children) when they visit or use the Application.
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in an activity, and we do not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary.
Information We Collect Directly. A parent or teacher of a child must provide us with the following information about the child to register the child with this Application: the child’s first name, middle initial, and last name, birth date, school identification number, state identification number, gender, year in school, special disability services received, areas of strengths and/or weakness in the child’s reading capabilities, and a parent’s or teacher’s email address. We also require the child to create a member name and password. We may request additional information from a parent, teacher or child, but this information is optional. We specify whether information is required or optional when we request it.
We enable registered users who have joined a specific group on the Application, such as a group formed for a classroom, school, or school district (“group”), to communicate with others on or through the Application through prompts, alerts, messages, feedback responses, and/or through the Application’s virtual notebook feature, and posting to public areas of the Application (“Social Features“). The nature of these features allows children to disclose personal information about themselves. Parents and/or Teachers have the ability to set certain permissions/restrictions on these forms of communications in the user settings; however, we do not monitor or review this content before it is posted, and we do not control the actions of third parties with whom your child shares his or her information. We encourage parents to educate their children about safe internet use and to monitor their children’s use of social features.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking. We use technology to automatically collect information from our users, including children, when they access and navigate through the Application and use certain of its features. The information we collect through these technologies may include:
- One or more persistent identifiers that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different websites and online services.
We also may combine non-personal information we collect through these technologies with personal information about you or your child that we collect online.
How We Use Your Child’s Information
We use the personal information we collect about your child to:
- register him or her with the Application;
- communicate with him or her, as well as his or her parent(s) and teacher(s) about activities or features of the Application that may be of interest;
- track his or her performance in games or other activities.
We use the information we collect automatically through technology (see Automatic Information Collection) and other non-personal information we collect to improve our websites and Application and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about the child’s preferences, allowing us to customize the content according to individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
Our Practices for Disclosing Children’s Information
We do not share, sell, rent, or transfer children’s personal information other than as described in this section.
We may disclose aggregated information about many of our users, and information that does not identify any individual. In addition, we may disclose children’s personal information:
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of our websites and Application and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of LiteracyTech, Inc., our customers or others, including to:
- protect the safety of a child;
- protect the safety and security of the websites and Application; or
- enable us to take precautions against liability.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
In addition, if LiteracyTech, Inc. is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of LiteracyTech Inc’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding or event, we may transfer the personal information we have collected or maintain to the buyer or other successor.
Social Features. The Application offers social features, including an interactive notebook for communicating, email, and posting on message boards, that enable children to communicate with others on our through the Application. We do not control the types of information your child can send or post through them. We encourage parents to educate their children about safety online and to carefully monitor their children’s use of social features to ensure they do not disclose their personal information through them.
Accessing and Correcting Your Child’s Personal Information
At any time, you may review the child’s personal information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the personal information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using the child’s information.
You can review, change, or delete your child’s personal information by:
- Logging into your parent or teacher account, which allows you access to your child’s account, on which you can access and edit his or her account profile page.
- Sending us an email at email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
Operators That Collect or Maintain Information from Children
The following are all operators that may collect or maintain personal information from children through the Application. We reserve the right to substitute these providers with others offering similar services:
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1763, Lewiston, Maine 04241-1763
Telephone Number: 207-705-0031
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Websites: remo.app; get.remo.app; literacytechinc.com
Mailing Address: Data Protection Administration, Intuit Limited, 1 Cathedral Piazza, Victoria London, SW1E 5BP UK
Mailing Address: HubSpot, Inc. 25 First Street, 2nd Floor, Cambridge, MA 02141 USA
Telephone Number: +1 888 HUBSPOT (+1 888 482 7768)
Mailing Address: Attention: Stripe Legal, 510 Townsend Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
Mailing Address: Rocketgenius, Inc. 1620 Centerville Turnpike, Suite 102 Virginia Beach VA 23464-6500 United States
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Application, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, including but not limited to, your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, birth date, and optional photo. In addition, for users who are teachers we collect information including whether you are a national board teacher, what school district you work in, and what subject area you teach. (“personal information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as aggregate information about your classroom, school, or district.; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Application, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Application. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners, schools and school districts.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Application may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Application. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Application, subscribing to a new service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our websites or Application.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our websites or Application and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our websites, Application, and/or with a third party service provider.
- Your search queries on the websites.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the websites or Application, or transmitted to other users of the websites or Application or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Application with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Application, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Application, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our websites and Application and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Application according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Application.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the websites, Application, and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related websites and/or Application statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain websites/Application content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our websites and Application and the contents of each to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our websites and/or Application or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our websites and/or Application.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To any future subsidiaries and affiliates that may develop.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of LiteracyTech, Inc’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by LiteracyTech, Inc. about our websites and Application users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of LiteracyTech, Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by selecting the appropriate option in your account profile You can also always opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into your account profile and adjusting your user preferences by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by logging into your account profile and adjusting your user preferences by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Application and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and personal information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Application like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by other users of the Application.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our websites and/or Application. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the websites and/or Application.